The Spanish Association of Orphan and Ultra Orphan Drug Laboratories(AELMHU) has published the jury's decision for the 5th edition of the AELMHU Awards. These awards have already become a benchmark in the field of rare diseases and the pharmaceutical industry of orphan drugs, as evidenced by the large number of nominations received this year, the quality of the projects and the great professional careers presented.
For this edition, the association has once again relied on a jury of renowned prestige in the field of rare diseases:
- Mr. Jesús Aguilar. President of the General Council of Pharmaceutical Associations.
- Ms. Eva Bermejo. Director of the Rare Diseases Research Institute of the Carlos III Institute of Health (ISCIII).
- Mr. Javier García. President of the Federation of Spanish Scientific Medical Associations (FACME).
- D. Antoni Gilabert. Director of Innovation and Partnership at the Health and Social Consortium of Catalonia.
- D. Emilio de Benito. Secretary of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Health Informers (ANIS).
- Mrs. María Esperanza Marcos. President of the Health Law Section of the Madrid Bar Association.
- Mr. Jorge Mestre. Health economist.
- Mr. José María Millán. Member of the Spanish Association of Human Genetics (AEGH). Genetics Unit, Hospital La Fe.
- Mr. Jordi Nicolás. Vice-president of the Spanish Society of Hospital Pharmacy (SEFH).
- D. Manuel Pérez. President of the Orphan Drugs and Rare Diseases Foundation(Mehuer).
- Marian Corral. Director of AELMHU (without vote).
After the telematic meeting held on September 27th, the jury's decision was announced.
- Best Rare Disease Care Project:
Awarded: Project "Servicio de Atención Integral Telemática a las personas afectadas de Distrofia Muscular de Duchenne y Becker y sus familiares", of the Asociación Duchenne Parent Project España.
- Best project of divulgation, dissemination and/or awareness of Rare Diseases:
Awarded: Project: RetoDravet de Syndrome de Dravet Foundation (Spanish Delegation).
- Best professional career in the field of Rare Diseases:
Awarded: Dr. Ángel María Carracedo Álvarez.
The awards ceremony will be held on November 7, in Madrid and together with the winners of the 3 categories, the board of directors of AELMHU will present the Honorary Award 2023, which this year will be posthumously awarded to Mr. Julio Sánchez Fierro . The honorary award has been chosen by vote among all AELMHU member companies.
Find out all the details of the awards here.